Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Not me Monday!

NotMeMonday

I didn’t decide it was time to start dating again, and join another dating site at the pushing of my old pal and preceptor Miss L. Nope not me, I’m not doing that online dating thing AGAIN!

I definitely didn’t become addicted to some animation farm game on Facebook and not be able to walk away from it at all.. Nope, not me, I’m not a “gamer”

I didn’t rudely answer someone at the gym this weekend when he asked me “why don’t you have kids” ummm “Because I’m not married” (it quickly shut him up!) The nerve of some people! Nope, I wouldn’t be rude and snap back on that bitter subject, not me!

I didn’t stay up all night long reading a book that I couldn’t put down, on a night when I had to be up by 0600 and work a 14 hour day, only to have the main character die on the last page! Nope not me, that would have been crazy to forfeit my sleep, for a book!

I would have never gotten out of bed at 11 at night on Saturday to make MckMama’s Juice Cous with Cranberries because I had been craving it all weekend, no way would I have done that!

There is NO way that I had my debit card number stolen and my entire checking and savings account drained, only to be told by the banker, “It’s not that big of a deal, it happens all the time” Nope, it definitely didn’t happen to me this week!

2 comments:

amy said...

Hello! I connected to you through MckMama. I always like to read a couple of people's Not Me confessions, and this week I decided to pick the last link, which was you! Based on your latest post, it seems that we may have a common link as nurses. I am a pediatric hem/onc nurse, and I love my job. Anyways, hope that all gets worked out with the bank soon! That is definitely a bummer, and I too would not appreciate hearing how common it is! That would not make me feel better in that situation at all!

Shauna and Ben said...

Hey...just browsing yesterdays NOT ME posts and you were right above me. Just a word of encouragement on the on-line dating...I met my husband through Christiancafe.com just about 3 years ago (I was 33 at the time) and we had both been doing the online thing off and on for a few years (different sites/ different times) And 3 of my friends and I all got married in the same year to people we met through online dating. So it can work...hang in there! It can be the pits too...but sometimes it does work out. Hope this is the time for you :)