Monday, May 25, 2009

So very frustrated

I am so frustrated right now, as I got to work today I received a phone call from my bank requesting for verification on a large transaction amount. They stated it was for a grocery store, I haven't made any purchases in several days, so I knew it was not correct. They put a hold on all my accounts. When I checked my online bank statement and sure enough my account has been drained. I have a $0.00 balance.

This is the 2nd time that this has happened since purchasing the house, this has never happened before purchasing the house.

Miss D. my sister also received a call last month stating the same thing, her account had been drained by someone in Chicago. It took 5 days for them to take a hold off of her account and to refund the money.

What bothers me is that I have all my bills on automatic bill pay, so now they will be rejected this week... This is going to create a nightmare for me!!!

So let me ask this, how is it that people in their right mind can do something so disruptive to peoples lives?

4 comments:

Tracey said...

It's horrible, I know. It's such a violating feeling when someone takes upon your identity or takes your money. Wondering who is behind this & HOW they are getting your info. Maybe look into getting a new bank acct at new bank? This happened to Ty years ago, except someone typed his name ontop of another name (of a stolen check) and purchased items at walmart. He was always losing his wallet & someone used his drivers license to write that check. Ty had a warrant for his arrest for Fraud!! It was crazy! Also, contact all your bill companies & inform them what is going on prior to your items being rejected..might help. So sorry for you Britt.

Kris said...

Oh, I am so sorry! That is truly stressful. Since it was a fraud type of problem - your bank should actually take care of any late fees etc... Hang in there and maybe get new accounts. A HUGE hassle I know, but maybe worth it.

Kristen said...

Wow what jerks...I am mad for you. How frustrating and stressful. I hope it all works our for you.

Take care,
Kristen

my two cents said...

I don't understand at all how people can do things like this and I am very sorry that it happened to you. Someone stole and cashed a 7 thousand dollar check from my mom's mailbox for her back social security disability pay and then opened up a checking account in another state using her name and social security number, then overdrafted it. How can people like this live with themselves???