Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Prince Charming Cowboy

The Prince Charming Cowboy

my age at the time: 16-19

his age at the time: 17-20

where: Chandler, Az /Tempe, Az

I met this boy while working at Wendy's when I was 16 years old. I had just transferred to Mountain Pointe HS and got a job at Wendy's. There was an instant attraction to this boy, he was tall and shy, and had the cutest smile and straightest teeth! (Still am such a teeth girl) I had a pretty serious boyfriend at the time which is someone I will write about another time. This guy and I would talk and flirt at work, and would close up the store and stand around outside chatting. It quickly became something more..

We started our senior year of high school at separate schools, but would still see each other at work and would hang out, when we had time. I think we both knew that we had feelings for each other, but my current boyfriend hung over our heads. I finally told my current bf about him. I figured it was time he knew my interest was elsewhere.

I remember graduation day, I graduated and visited with my family and then left to drive to Corona to watch him graduate! Shortly after he left to go away to boot camp. We kept in touch and when he came home we visited with hung out and caught up.

My family really liked him he was a sweet guy, and he was really good to me. I remember he was home on leave once and he came and spent Easter with us, funny, because we have it on video tape!

Well we lost contact and he ended up married with a child. We reconnected a few years ago, I was in the process of leaving the Detroit Drunk and he was in a bad marriage, we formed our quick friendship again and talked a lot. I finally left the Detroit Drunk. By then the Prince Charming Cowboy had divorced his wife. I think this was the first time in our lives we were both single at the same time. Well he sent me this long email explaining that he had been talking to someone else all this time and was dating her. I was a little sad by this because I was glad to finally have our chance. He dated her for several months and they recently ended things.

He’s a good guy and deserves a good girl. However he is still so hung up on the ex girlfriend that he can’t see anything except his life with her.

No comments: