Thursday, August 13, 2009

Life

So I tried to return to nights to help offset the household finances now that my sister has gone to grad school we aren’t charging her as much to live here. Well working nights was about an extra $800 a month!!

I found someone who wanted to switch to evenings and we proposed the switch to the powers that be and we were denied.

As a result  I have been looking for part time work. Not just in nursing either, I’ve applied at the Walgreens as well. I wouldn’t mind doing something that is easy, something that isn’t a life or death situation!!

My options are obtain part time work here in Az. or accept a travel assignment out of state and work 3 days out of state and come home and work 4 days here and then 3 there etc etc. I figured if I could do that for 12 weeks I could make roughly 12-15k depending on bonuses etc.

I’d prefer to find something part time and stay here.  So if anyone knows of any part time work please let me know!! As I said it doesn’t have to be nursing!

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You've been talking about doing the traveling thing since before you were a nurse...

Tracey said...

Wow britt sounds like quite the dilema. But, if 12 weeks of traveling can give you the financial backing to help you during this time, It may be something you should look into....

The Queen said...

If there is anything up here you could always stay with us!!!

Janette Reeves said...

I currently have an email out to one of my neighbors. She is the charge nurse in L&D over at Gilbert Mercy. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something. :)

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

I say you guys just fill out change slips every schedule. . .it'll show them to be so stupid. But it WOULD WORK.:)

Janette Reeves said...

I saw this in today's classifieds:

dependablestaffing.jobs

Hiring for Flu Clinics; Looking for RN's and LPN's.

Needed for Valleywide Flu Clinics/All areas including Tucson.

It may be worth checking into.