Sunday, August 9, 2009

No husband, No kids, No friendship?

I wonder if any of my single readers out there have felt the shunning of their married friends before? I know A LOT of married with kids people, and there are several times that I don't get invited to do things. My little sister gets the same shunning with her friends, she works as a teacher and they will often talk about taking kids to the zoo or other fun outings and she doesnt get invited to do those things.

After awhile it gets old to read or hear about friends doing these fun things and not getting invited, ESPECIALLY because all of my friends know how much I like kids, and I must say I am good with them!

Well...... When recently one of my friends from high school and I have been hanging out and I love that she has no problem inviting me to do things or visit with her AND her family. We had talked about getting together on Saturday for a BBQ earlier in the week. So yesterday I get this call' she invited me to come over around 5 to cook out and hang out with their family. She said "I'm making the dough now for the hamburger buns", I got a kick out of that becuase she is such a little homemaker! So off I went to hang out with her, her husband, and their 3 kids. Whom are just precious and so much fun! She even invited me to bring over Bella (my dog)!

Well we had a delicious bbq, and hung out talking for a few hours, all of us, even her husband! He is totally comfortable hanging out and talking with us, and we have good conversations!

It's so nice to be welcomed by her family, and I love playing with her babies, and chatting with her teenager!!

Thank you Reeves family for not shunning me because I don't have a husband or kids! :)


3 comments:

The Queen said...

I used to feel that way all the time! Hang in there girlie - you are always invited with us! And you are great with kids!!

Kris said...

It is too bad that you see it that way, because I always think "why in the world would someone without kids want to sit around and hang out with someone who does"? I know when I didn't have kids that was the last thing I wanted to do. You are great with kids :)

Janette Reeves said...

You are always welcome in our home Britters! You should come over again on your next day off. :)