Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vent about guys......

I just wanted to vent and say how idiotic STUPID (and that is a strong word in our family, because we’re not allowed to call people stupid) people are that allow themselves to be controlled by others…

More so guys that allow their significant others to dictate who they can and can not talk to. I grew up with boys, I have always had better male relationships, because I am more like “one of the guys”, that fun girl to hang out with etc.. (perhaps that’s why I’m single?) Anyhow, I don’t mean to digress……

There is a guy I knew for YEARS, about 13 years and when he started dating a certain someone she was hell bent on ending our friendship because she didn’t like that he was that close to someone else.

There is another guy who I knew about the same length of time, he lived in another state, we still were very very close, and would talk ALL the time… Well once he started dating this girl (who incidentally looks exactly like me) she didn’t like the friendship either. It was so bad that on the night before our mutual friends wedding when all the “Guys” went out, I of course went with them, well my buddies girl friend “S” flipped out and called him 1 million times… He had to “go home” to the hotel because he wasn’t allowed to be out with all of us if I was there. Ridiculous! Well 3 kids and several years later in their marriage I finally get the call one day “Ummm I can’t talk to you ever again” WOW that caught me by surprise!!

Then there is another one who I knew for even longer then the others.. Well HIS wife banned him from having any friends, male or female!!! I kept in contact with a mutual friend from the Marines, and he told me he had to call him while he was at work because his crazy wife wouldn’t allow R to talk to him! I once sent R an email and shortly after his Myspace and Facebook pages became R and J pages instead of just their own individual pages…..

One guy that I used to be close with the last few years, would never tell his main squeeze that he was meeting me for lunch or drinks!! For the fear she’d flip out?!? Who knows but it’s the same thing, I was the “secret” friend!!

So your probably thinking, well Miss B, you must be some kind of threat… Nope, not so much, I just have better male relationships, I have fun with guys, I’m just a go camping, drink a beer, hoot and holler at a football game kinda girl, I grew up in a neighborhood of , boys, it’s just how I am hardwired…

Soooooooo I just don’t get it at all!!





1 comment:

The Queen said...

Well then... you need to come to a Cardinals football game sometime this season with me. We would have fun!!