Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursdays!

thankfulthursday

hpim00372

This week I am thankful for my mother. I have an amazing mother. I think everyone says that but my mother is unique in many ways.

She knew when she was younger she wanted to be a stay at home mother,it’s in her DNA to be a nurturer and to take care of her babies.

Growing up she always packed our lunches, and it would be something wonderful, it was nothing prepackaged! She would include little notes to us in our lunch boxes! She would pack my frozen Hi-C in tin foil, so by lunch time we’d have a delicious slushy treat!

She would make sure at the end of each day we did our homework, and she was always willing to help with our homework, even if it meant drawing a poster for us, (which later won an award! We felt so guilty)

pink

When we were little she took care of us, one time in a store a lady pushed one of us, and the next thing I know, I hear my mom saying “Listen lady, your rude,” She didn’t allow us to be pushed around by anyone!

She ALWAYS had dinner on the table at the end of the day as well. We ALWAYS sat as a family at the dinner table and ate together and talked!

During summers, she would plan fun outings for us. We had a reward system, and she had a “little store” where we could buy pencil sets, and fun little trinkets with our “earned” money for our good behavior and helping with chores.

As we got older she was the “Liaison” between us and our dad. When he didn’t understand his teenage daughters, she would “soften” him up for us so he would understand our point of view!

As we became adults, she became a confidant, a friend, she has become even more then a mother!

This week and always I am thankful for a mother, that is so selfless, she sits vigil at the bedside yet again as a loved one is dying.

HER 4 girls are wonderful girls because of who SHE is!

christmas031




1 comment:

Mima said...

Thank you Brittney
This means so much to me
I love you so much