Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Update

Some of you may remember back to my posting a few months ago click here about my thyroid issue. Well after finding multiple nodules and diagnosing me with hashimoto’s , I went to have my biopsy and as I lay on the table, the radiologist spent what felt like an eternity looking at my thyroid and said “I don’t think it looks worthy of biopsying, I think your ok.” What a sigh of relief that was back then. I truly felt the power of prayer at work that day. Something that was measuring 3cm’s and was causing crummy side effects, had almost diminished.

Well in early August I wasn’t feeling so well so I went to have more lab work. I waited patiently for 22 days for my doctor to call me back with the results. Finally I decided I was calling the lab and getting the results myself. Well boy was that a BAD idea!!! The results were less then desirable. There were 2 things that stood out, the first is a count that should be <35 and mine registered at over >1000 and the second bad one was the count that is indicative of cancer that should be <45 and mine was reading >650.

I called my doctor and sat on hold for over 1 hour, I quickly changed physicians and called to make an appointment with the new doctor, after explaining the situation, they agreed to see me at 0800 the next day! I was VERY impressed by this new group of physicians. Incidentally I met her while she was in labor, and was impressed with her coping skills so decided I would try her out.

Sorry I’m getting off track. Well I only shared this a handful of my friends and my family. Mostly because I was scared. Usually I will just joke about things like this, that is how I cope. But for the first time in my life, I was scared. I just sobbed one night, because I don’t want to be sick, I don’t want to have surgery, I didn’t want to be on someone’s prayer list. (my friend added me to their list, I am now grateful)

Since that night, I gave it to the Lord, I have left it in his hands. I have prayed and prayed and worshiped through song that this be healed yet again.

Well now we are back to waiting, we are waiting for lab results and an ultrasound report. I am being referred to an amazing endocrinologist, that comes highly recommended by MANY nurses at work.

I thought it was time to finally share where I am in my life at this point. I PROMISE I will keep you updated as things transpire.

1 comment:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

You're officially on my prayer list too, whether you want to be or not! :) Love you. Keep us updated.