Monday, September 28, 2009

Picture perfect memories

 

(don’t forget to go to the bottom and pause my music player so you can hear this song)

Picture perfect memories scattered all around the floor, reaching for the phone cause I can't fight it anymore. And I wonder if I ever cross your mind, for me it happens all the time.

This is one of my all time favorite songs.... I listen to it a million times a day because who hasn't been there? Wondering if you ever cross someone's mind? But what I love most about this song, is it starts out "picture perfect memories" well the truth is there really aren't picture perfect memories, but somewhere in our minds when the relationship is over, what we remember are perfect memories. We some how forget the bad stuff, how? Why?

After I left the Detroit Drink, I had journaled exactly what I was feeling so that I would remember that feeling, the feeling of being completely destroyed after putting all your faith in someone, all your trust, all your love.... But the funny thing is there are still times when I miss the little things that only we shared. There are times were I have to remind myself what he did to me.

Someone else I'm close to keeps giving their ex a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th chance and I keep wondering why, but then I realize that is the way women are, they forget just how bad it was and remember how good it was.

It’s sad that we forget the bad stuff…… Perhaps it’s better that way?

1 comment:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

First off. LOVE Lady Antebellum. And I love this song too. :)