Saturday, September 5, 2009

Old blogging site

How weird is this? I signed into an old Xanga account and realized I used to blog somewhere else... I blogged a lot actually... A lot about my relationship with The Detroit Drunk! I started to delete the entries, then I decided I was going to post some of them here, WOW what a different place I was in...


Friday, 12 October 2007

First Post

So after a year of being intrigued by someone else's xanga, and a little nudging from my sister I figured I would start my own xanga. Sure my life may not be action packed, with interesting things people are dying to read, but I have some interesting encounters in my line of work and sometimes it would be good to share with others. So we'll see how this turns out.

Tonight will be my 2nd shift on the night shift. I worked my first over night pm Wed. it was a piece of cake, mostly because Jami was there. She is 90% of the reason I am on nights, we were on evenings together and then decided we'd go to nights together! Well it is so much nicer working with a friend that will watch your strip for you, ask you if you need help, or offer to grab you a drink when your busy in a room! Steff does all that with me on evenings, so now I'm recruiting her for nights! Anyhow, the greatest part of my night was sitting there being bored, because I had an Antepartum patient (a patient we are trying to keep pregnant) and the 2 big doors click open, and I look up, and it was Brian (my boyfriend) It was maybe 0130 in the morning! He had a transport to the Peds unit so he stopped by to surprise me, and boy was it a surprise! Brian is a Paramedic. So I got off yesterday and was home by 0700, I slept from 0800-1100 and then I was wide awake! I just milled around the house, I cleaned up a bit and I met Heather at Red Fish for happy hour. Went back home and made dinner for Brian and I. He worked a 36 hour so he got off at 1930 and so he stopped over after work and we ate tacos and spanish rice and watched the Diamondbacks lose ugh!

Anyhow, so I slept today until 0930, and now I'm up wide awake, I may get ready and run some errands and then try to nap a little later. I work Friday/Saturday/Sunday! YIKES!!






No comments: