Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I need a hero…..

031

On Saturday I received a talking to by my father about the type of men I date, and his take on them. Ooooohhh let me tell you how much fun it was having that talk at the age of 32. He of course feels I have never brought home anyone worthy of being in my life. Well I am sure he just feels that way because he is the dad and of course no man will ever be good enough for his girl.

However in a matter of just 2 days later I am having a conversation with a few friends at different times, and I am told that I am “PICKY” I was told that perhaps if I wasn’t so picky with the men in my life that I wouldn’t be single. I was also told that I am very intimidating to men.

So my father thinks I date just anyone or anything and my friends who know me very well think I’m picky…. Interesting……

YES, I have met some pretty great guys in my life, and yes there are 2 that I can now say I should have married when the opportunity presented instead of walking away. However I view marriage as a one time thing. I will get married only 1 time in my life, so I want it to be with the right man. I can’t see myself getting married just for the sake of getting married, I’m not desperate.

I want to marry the person who is all those things on my God List that I pray for daily. Of course it would help if he liked sports and dogs, however I’m ok waiting.

 

(Pause my music player below so you can watch the video)

1 comment:

Janette Reeves said...

I love that movie! (Not to mention Kirk Cameron is totally hot!)