Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another chapter "Dating the friend"

Dating THE Friend

my age: sometime in my adult life lol

his age: sometime in his adult life lol

where: Chandler, Arizona

People often think dating friends are a good idea however in hindsight it is not such a good idea because in the end you lose your lover and your friend.

This guy and I had a brief stint at trying to date versus being friends. We had known each other awhile and had one of those days of hanging out where it just seemed more comfortable than usual, and one thing led to another and we attempted to advance our relationship to more than friends. We had one of those stay up all night talks and it was awesome.

I do a lot of journaling as well as my blogging, here is a brief excerpt of what I journaled in regards to the demise of my relationship with him:

I miss you, I miss coming home from work and knowing that your going to be there for me to chat with. I miss texting silly random things through out the day, and I miss getting pictures from you about random things you see throughout your day.

We may not have had a long relationship “situation” but what we had was good. What I don’t understand is what changed your mind… I keep racking my brain to when the change in you began and the only thing I can think of is when I asked you if I could go out on dates with other people. I didn’t know where we were at the time and though I thought I’d be honest and let you know I had been asked out, I now realized that, that was the one time that honestly clearly was not the best policy.

We had a lot of fun times together, and we got along well… You mentioned that it was your insecurity that changed things, what do you have to be insecure about?

You told me more then once that we were on the same page, so when did you turn the page?

So it was a brief thing lasting no more then a month however it was good while it lasted, I can’t say that it ended bad either, we just decided one night over sushi that it wasn’t going anywhere (not from my lack of trying) so we said heck let’s just end it while we’re ahead. Of COURSE we vowed we’d remain friends however things definitely didn’t end that way. It became awkward because I still had some pretty strong feelings for him and I think he knew it, so it was odd to try to be in contact with him. Maybe through time the weirdness will lesson, and we will regain that closeness that we once had.

So lesson learned from this guy: Don’t try to date your friends, because in the end you end up empty handed and hurt.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

That would be so hard to date a friend...do you still talk to him at all. I wish this blog were private and you could post pitures of these people. I need to come over for a full on photo/story session.