Thursday, April 16, 2009

“The baby”

22 years ago “The baby” was born. Oh what a joyous day it turned out to be. “The baby” was a subsequent pregnancy 11 months after the loss of our sweet brother. We waited in anticipation to meet “The baby” for 9 long months. Of c003ourse she didn’t make her entrance gracefully, she came in with a vengeance, demanding a crash section because she didn’t tolerate the labor process! The long awaited arrival of “The baby” finally was complete, she was here, born at 10 in the evening we rejoiced that she and mom were doing well… From that moment on she changed our lives. She was this precious little “weda” child we didn’t know who she looked like or where she came from, but she took our lives by storm!

This sbethface2weet child was very interesting.. She would have to “smell” people before she decided if it was ok for them to touch her or come near her, she insisted that our parents wake us up in the middle of the night because she didn’t feel well and wanted all her sisters around. One time while driving in the car, we heard this little munchkin voice begin speaking and we heard the most profound thing, “Touch the spindle, TOUCH IT I SAY!!!!, you poor simple fool, thinking you could deceive me” and she continued to recite scenes from Sleeping Beauty. We knew at that moment she wasn’t an ordinary 2 year old, we had something magnificent on our hands… Of course we were right and she grew up to do amazing things, she has the ability to master anything she put her mind to. She graduated high school and turned down several scholarships all over the country to attend Santa Clara University where she graduated with a double major in only 3 years. “The baby” recently got engaged as well as was accepted into graduate school at Arizona State University. She is one of the most dynamic people I have ever met. She also commonly serves as my walking encyclopedia, whenever I have a question about something I just call her up and she tells me the answer, pretty similar to the way some people would google something, I just ask “The baby”!

“The baby” is turning 22 today!

Happy Birthday Bethany,

I love you more then you will ever know, and I praise Him for giving you to us!

grad (2)

3 comments:

MindyElias said...

That was beautiful....made me cry. I couldn't have said it better myself :)

Mima said...

Oh Brittney, this is so beautiful and captured "The Baby" perfectly..Please find a way to print this so i can include it in her My Life Book...I love you, Mom

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

I don't even know your family and I still LOVED this post. Gorgeous Brit.