Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Oklahoma comes to Arizona

On May 26th, I got off work that morning and raced home to jump in bed I was soooooooooo tired… By 11am I was wide awake, wide awake like I drank an ocean of coffee wide awake.. Apparently the anticipation of Oklahoma arriving was playing with my emotions more than I realized….

I finished the last minute details of house cleaning I needed to get done and was off to work… OHHHHH gosh, by the time my shift started I was hurting.. I felt like I was hit by a truck, probably that same truck that dropped off that ocean of coffee that made me so wide awake earlier in the day… THANK GOODNESS the census was low and I have some great coworkers that were working to get me out of there… I was able to leave work by 9pm, instead of 6am!!

Off to Walmart I went, who knows what for but I am SURE I needed something important before he came… Remember that trip to Target I took the night before leaving for Oklahoma? (Read that post here) Yup it pretty much was the same scenario, I was walking the store aimlessly…. Thank goodness, good old Oklahoma knows me well enough to give me a call when I don’t respond after awhile, he was able to talk me through my crazy excitement.

You see, Oklahoma had to work that night too.. He was working until 3am when he was going to leave for the airport… Well after several conversations back and forth and the anticipation, he left work at 2am instead… Midnight Arizona time, meanwhile I was still cleaning, ironing, dusting, DOING-IDIODIC-THINGS-TO-KEEP-BUSY preparing the house for my love….

So we talked all the way to Wichita, he finally made it there by 4am and he was going to sleep in the car for a bit…. At that point I was going to try to nap for the hour too….

We were liked crazed school kids, we didn’t sleep very much at all, and ended up calling each other before our alarms had gone off!

After 123810921 explanations of what he needed to do when he got inside the airport, he finally was ready to do it.. He was going inside to check into his flight… It was precious his level of concern for doing all that it entails to travel these days…

Before long he was off to Dallas…. An hour later, I got my next call, he was in Dallas safe and sound… About 2 hours later I was pacing the terminal in Phoenix, like a lunatic waiting for him to arrive… I was just as nervous as when I flew out there….

No words can describe how right he makes my world when I am with him….. At last there he was, my gorgeous, Oklahoma….. It was time to begin our 6 days together….


No comments: