Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Saturday 05/29

Saturday we drove around sight seeing my work, Old Town Scottsdale etc.. We met my bestie and her family at Green New American Vegetarian Restuarant! I absolutely LOVE this restuarant, I could eat there for every meal!! We sat around and visited and ate our faux meat! I'm sure it was quite the experience for this beef fed boy from Oklahoma, but the fact that he was even open to it was great, he is very supportive of my lifestyle choices!!

We came home and watched Shrek and napped off and on. It was finally time to get ready for our company for the night. I had invited over my sisters and their husbands/bfs and a few other close friends over to watch the Suns game, meet Oklahoma and play games.

We were in my room finishing getting ready, and he was sitting on the edge of my bed, and I was just chatting away and moving around the room, and somehow I ended up sitting on the side of the bed with him, and I was still talking to him and started to kiss him and he sorta moved me back away from him, and he turned to face me. When I looked down, he had a box in his hand. Well of course it dawned on me what he was about to do, so it made me start to cry, in which he said no, no, you can't cry hold on, and he opened the box and took the ring out, and everything was such a blur (Literally because I was trying not to cry) and he held my hands and he was shaking like a leaf and he was so sweaty!! IT was so sweet, and he said "Brittney will you marry me?" I said "Yes, and I will love you for the rest of my life" And he slipped the ring on my finger..... It was the most amazing moment of my life!!

So then we text/called friends, family, parents etc. Everyone was so excited for us!! Shortly there after our friends arrived and we had dinner and watched the Suns game and we played, pool and fooseball and hung out. It was a great night, I was so excited and so glad he picked that moment to propose to me becuase it was a great way to celebrate with my closest friends and family there.


This is our first picture taken as an engaged couple :) WOW, I still look down at my hand and get goosebumps when I realize that I am going to be Mrs.Oklahoma soon!!! I adore this man so very much, he is simply amazing!!

2 comments:

Just Me said...

That's sweet! Congrats and best wishes to you both. :-)

The Queen said...

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to meet this wonderful man who came into your life!