Thursday, June 24, 2010

A few days later……

A few days later, I would wake up in my bed and would lie there those first few moments of waking up and then it’d dawn on me, holy heck there is something on my hand…. I’m engaged to be married, Oklahoma proposed to me……

There are still moments I’ll be shopping, or washing my hands, or glance in the mirror and I see this beautiful ring on my hand and thing oh my gosh!!! I’m engaged to Oklahoma!!!!!

It’s so hard being away from him…. It’s hard to really think we’ve lived the past 13 years a part, why is it so complex to do so now???

I just returned from another trip to Oklahoma.. I was there for for a week this time… It was a great trip, I feel like I got a lot accomplished in the house… You see Oklahoma has been a bachelor for awhile, so the house needed a woman to get in there and clean and square things up… I only got a teeny tiny portion of the kitchen complete, but once I did, oh did I feel good, and I felt at home while I was in there cooking… It’s amazing how the addition of a few things to the kitchen can make me feel like it’s my kitchen now….

We had an incredible week, it was filled with job interviews for me, and him having to work… I bet your thinking what’s incredible about that… Well, we had to live “real life” for the week.. It wasn’t the usual vacation period that our visits have been… He went to work, and I was home to clean and cook and take care of errands…. I loved every-single-second of it…. It is very very rewarding taking care of a home, and taking care of my Oklahoma at the end of the day….

No comments: