Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Friday 05/28

Friday morning we had to wake up to our alarm because we I had made plans to go tubing down the salt river with Oklahoma and my friends here. YIKES it was early, but we managed to pull ourselves together and get to the meeting point.

Here is Oklahoma waiting for another couple so we could carpool to the meeting spot. I'm sure he's going to be really excited that I'm posting all these random pictures of him :)




We had a really fun time on the river, we went with some fun friends and enjoyed the Arizona scenery. We went back to the house and took showers and napped until it was time to go face my parents... I kept giving Oklahoma "pretend questions" that my dad might ask. Now anyone who knows my father knows he is a man of very few words, so I knew good and well he wasn't going to ask anything deep or personal, at least not on the first meeting that just isn't his style, my father is the man that stands in the back and digests it  all in.

If you read any of my other posts you also know that dinners at my parents house are always big productions, rarely to we eat quick, we usually all sit around the big dining room table and eat and talk for a long time.

Well in true Elias fashion that is exactly what we did, we sat around the big table talking and talking. It was very comfortable there, he fit in nicely, and didn't seem overwhelmed by the Elias girls... Trust me we can be a little intimidating when you get us all together! After dinner we were haning out and my mom, Oklahoma and I went to sit outside for a bit. My mom is a straight shooter, she had no trouble asking questions point blank. Oklahoma had no trouble answering her... "I love your daughter very much, and I believe she is the one" he told my mom..... I could have cried my eyes out right there! It is one thing for him to say it to me, but another thing to hear him tell my mom! Needless to say the meeting of the family went well, very well!



This was taken that night at my parents, and that is Emma Baffert in the corner :)

No comments: