Thursday, June 24, 2010

Monday, Tuesday and everyday there after without him…..

Monday we spent the day with my family, we swam and cooked out and played Pictionary, it was a lot of fun… Oklahoma fit in well with the chaos of the family, it was nice!

0330 in the morning came on so very early… It was time to wake up and take my Oklahoma to the airport… It was a quite morning, not many words were spoken… Which now in hindsight I notice a trend…. Neither of us talk much on that dreaded ride to the airport……..

It was dark and I drove with a heavy heart…. We spent a little bit of time sitting at the airport, and then it was time to send him on his way…..

I walked begrudgingly back to the car and all I could think about was those Fergie lyrics from the song Big Girls Don’t Cry

“The smell of your skin lingers on me now
You're probably on your flight back to your home town
I need some shelter of my own protection baby
To be with myself and center, clarity
Peace, Serenity”

I got back into the car, and the smell of him, the smell of his cologne and wintergreen chew lingered in the car…..

Sometimes this is harder then I think either of us bargained for…….. In the end it is all worth it and we both know it……

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I'm extremely happy for you brit! You deserve a great love like this & I can't begin to imagine what you must feel when he leaves. Have faith that july will be here sooner then you think & you will never be apart again. Lots of love to you my friend!!