Sunday, May 9, 2010

Oklahoma

28 days seemed like an eternity and then before I knew it, it was 1 day away. I found myself completely out of sorts. I went to work and God love my coworkers because they were able to keep me squared away for 4 hours. Luckily I had someone cover the rest of my shift so I could go to my parents for dinner and home to pack. The plan was to be home and in bed by 8pm... Well hmmm sometimes plans don't turn out the way I want them too... Of course I had a great dinner with my family and of course I got the "talk" from my dad.......

Then I left and went to Target, because I needed a phone charger to take with me. Oh geez bad idea.... Before long I was pacing the isles of Target and sweating, literally sweating buckets and my mouth became dry and I couldn't talk or text LOL Oklahoma text me and I just ignored it because I didn't want to talk to anyone... In hindsight that was a bad idea, I should have called the bestie so she could talk me out of there LOL

So Oklahoma finally called me on my way home and he set my mind at ease, well at least for the time being.... I was home by about 930 and began packing.... I was in bed by 11 and was anxiously awaiting the alarm to go off at 0230!!!

The second that alarm went off I literally jumped out of bed and was ready to get in the shower!! I woke up with a complete sense of peace, I didn't have a single concern or worry about going. Once at the airport I was on the plane waiting to take off.... The strangest thing happened, I literally sat there and every single moment that had transpired the previous 28 days flashed through my mind.  Every phone conversation, every text, every facebook message..... Then suddenly I was just ready to be there with hm. I arrived in Denver and he called me, we chatted for a bit and then I was on the plane again headed to Wichita...

Holy smokes flat land! What the heck! Luckily the man next to me was able to explain to me about their flat lands and their farms etc. But wow.... So I get off the plane at this tiny itty bitty airport....... The man who sat next to me walked me all the way to baggage, (Ummmm like I was going to get lost in that tiny airport?) That's when I saw him........

Oklahoma was there.... Ahhhh just like I remembered my sweet boy... So we greeted each other with a hug hello and I met his mom. It felt surreal to be there and to be able to actually touch him, to feel him.....

That first day in OK with him was good, I got the grand tour of Newkirk and Ponca City!!! We went up to the Walmart and bought a few things and then came home and I cooked us dinner, his sister came over that night and we all just hung out for a bit.

Saturday morning I woke up and went on my run, It is so beautiful here, nothing at all like I expected!! It is so green and so many trees!! It was a great run, the weather was nice and cool. Later we went to a store that had an ENTIRE natural food section.. I was in heaven, they even had organic produce! Yup, totally the things that get me excited! That night we cooked out at his sisters house and then we went to the figure 8 car races. Wait until I post those pictures! But it was fun, something I have never done before, but fun! Oh yeah, and his 2 older kids were there so I got to meet them, and I think it was better that it was impromptu because I didn't have a chance to worry about the big meeting... They were nice to me so that was good.

Sunday (today) was a lazy day around the house, which was great!!! We just watched TV and spent time together. It stormed a titch, which was nice! Oh, and we went to Braum's and got ice cream and I took a few pictures of the city.

Ok, I'll post more when I have time, and I'll include pictures too..... 2 more days left here..........


No comments: