Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Oklahoma……

oklahomaYup there is Oklahoma, it’s 1066 miles away from where I live….
I suppose it’s time to bring you up to speed about Oklahoma! So back to the Sunday of Easter, I received a FB friend request from Oklahoma. WOW I thought I haven’t seen him since September of  1997! Yes, I did just say 1997! I know that was a long time ago  over a decade ago! So I waited until Monday when I had time and we exchanged a few pleasantries via facebook email. He sent me his phone number and said “If I’m not on here later text me” I was getting ready to go meet a friend for dinner and so I though “hmmmm should I do this or not, because I know where this will go” I went about getting ready and then I decided to send the text.

“So you’ve looked for me before huh? Why?”

Yes I know weirdo, why was that my opening text? But he replies with “ I have never forgotten you.” Hook line and sinker… Well we continued to text throughout my ENTIRE dinner (I know totally rude, have I no manners) Before long we had text from 5pm until 10pm and it was time to get some sleep.

We picked up with the texting the next day and low and behold by afternoon my phone was ringing, he had called me! We talked for 2 hours! He called me later that night and we talked another hour and a half!! There was so much to say to this person I hadn’t seen in over a decade, there was so many funny stories he had to share, there were some phone calls that I felt could have lasted forever and I never would have gotten tired of him or the sound of his voice or the sweet little way he’d say “Well honey” with his precious Oklahoma accent.

By that Friday we decided we needed to see each other! Yes, I said by that Friday, 5 days later we knew we wanted to see each other in person and see where this was headed. By that evening it was official I was booked on a flight to Oklahoma…. There was only one problem…. It was not for 4 more weeks, we had to wait 28 days!


5 comments:

Heather said...

Hey, can you add me to your readers list so I can keep up once your blog is private again? What part of Oklahoma are you in?

Mrs.Oklahoma said...

Heather, I am going to be in Ponca City, do you know where that is? How is your baby doing? I bet he is getting so big!!

Heather said...

Holy cow!! That is 40 miles from my hometown.... I'm a little further (85 miles) from there where I live now, but that's crazy.. what a small world!!

He is big! I had to make my blog private bc of my crazy mil! I need to add you to my list!

The Queen said...

Best of luck. He sounds like a wonderful person, Britt, and you deserve that!

Tracey said...

WHAT?? Wow!! I'm SO SO happy for you brit! Obviously he must be something special for you to go to all the troubles of going to see him, I hope you have a wonderful time and rekindle a wonderful relationship since you deserve to be happy. MWA!!

Keep us posted Miss "I don't blog anymore"..lol. Have a blast!!