Thursday, May 13, 2010

My trip to OK

Monday was a nice day it was overcast and cool outside, we went for a drive around town site seeing…. It was really neat because I saw a bunch of different animals and the scenery is so green there it is just beautiful, being an AZ native things like rolling hills of green grass is something you only see on a golf course!



We were out at the lake and the loud siren that comes on the radio here in AZ that always says “This is a test of the emergency broadcast system” came over Oklahoma's radio… Except this wasn’t a test, this was a tornado warning, they used words such as “life threatening emergency” Holy smokes I think my eyes became huge saucers!!!!!!!!!! Well good old Oklahoma said “Oh honey don’t worry we’ll head to moms” (Gosh sometimes the things he says melts my hear just by him saying them with that precious little accent!!) So off to Newkirk we went in the event we needed to get into the storm shelter!!! Well that storm passed right around us and we were able to head back home to Ponca. That was our excitement for the day. We then headed to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner. I made us dinner that night and then we sat around back for a bit enjoying the weather.


Tuesday we went to his moms work to spend some time with her and I met 2 more aunts. It was nice to sit around and visit with more of Oklahoma’s family. He has this beautiful blanket at his house that we snuggled in all week, and when were were at the Kaw City museum, he bought me one to have here in AZ! That blanket has since become my little bit of Oklahoma that I have here with me, and it brings me comfort!!


We decided to head to Wichita and get some dinner before I left that night. We finally got into the airport and all checked in, we sat around a bit and then decided it was time to say our goodbyes.


Oh that was not good at all, I think we both tried our best to just be strong but saying goodbye was horrible, dreadful, lousy, awful, hideous, terrible, cruel, Heartbreaking…… I walked through that security line and just felt awful… I had some time until my plane took off so I went and sat in the bar and stared out that window and just cried. I am not kidding you I cried that entire flight to Denver! I think the folks on the plane thought I was nuts, the flight attendant brought me napkins LOL. I literally felt the heartache of leaving my love behind.


I have never-felt-like-this-before….


3 comments:

The Queen said...

Because you are in love. That is very similar to how Greg and I parted after we met. He moved in 3 weeks later, we were engaged 4 weeks later and then married less than 8 months later, and had you-know-who 11 months after that!

Tracey said...

I'm so happy for you brit! I still get that pitter patter feeling about Ty, you are definetly in love!!

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

How exciting!! James and I did the long distance thing for a year and I was always hysterical on the plane!! I feel for you! It sucks not being together!!