Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lizards, late night talks and slushies

I have an older sister, her name is Mindy.... Today I was getting ready for work and it dawned on me that I have the best older sister in the world... Sometimes we may not get along and sometimes we may not talk that often but when we are together or we are on the phone it's like no time has passed......




Yesterday I woke up to find a tailless lizard in my house, it's the 2nd one in a week! I was panicked because it was alive, so who came to the rescue, my big sister Mindy, she drove over here, picked him up and released him outside.












When I was a kid and we were in elementary school I always talked a big game, and who was there to defend me? My big sister Mindy, she punched Freddie right in the gut because he was picking on me...



When times were a little rocky 2 years ago, and things were uncertain in our lives, who did I pick up the phone and call? My big sister Mindy, and she got in the car and headed over... When I was uneasy that night who talked to me on the phone all night long while I was looking stuff up online? My big sister Mindy...






When I left Brian a few months ago and my sisters were sleeping and my parents were out of town, I was at Jami's house getting ready to go to bed, who out of the blue called me to see what was going on? My big sister Mindy.. It was like she knew I was troubled....




When I was really sick after my gallbladder was out, who drove all the way over to the house with 4 giant slushies each day? My big sister Mindy..





I'm blessed to have a an amazing older sister!! Sometimes I don't talk about her as much because she leads a very busy life with her career, because she has dedicated her life to helping kids, but I know that there is always that one person I can count on, My big sister Mindy.


3 comments:

Kris said...

I guess Mindy can't be offended about being "the nameless older sister anymore". I am so envious of the wonderful bonds you have with your sisters. They all seem like amazing women, just as you are. Your parents did a great job raising you guys. Now I am sitting her crying like a baby before I have to go to work...Thanks:)

MindyElias said...

I am truly at a loss for words....thank you.

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

Gotta love Big Sisters. My Big Sis is my best friend. I feel sad for girls that don't have sisters to share things with. You have lots of them- lucky you!