Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Main Entry: 1friend
Pronunciation: \ˈfrend\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English frend, from Old English frēond; akin to Old High German friunt friend, Old English frēon to love, frēo free
Date: before 12th century



1 a: one attached to another by affection or esteem b: acquaintance
2 a: one that is not hostile b: one that is of the same nation, party, or group
3: one that favors or promotes something (as a charity)
4: a favored companion



Being sick AND injured gives you lots of time of reflection... I'm over people who aren't good people, I'm over people who aren't there for others, I'm over being used... I've decided that life is full of ups and downs and those people that stand beside you are your true true friends.

One of the funerals I went to in the past few weeks was my moms very best friend, Elaine, they have been friends since bunny school, so just about 55 years long. They have stuck by each other through everything life has thrown their way, many rounds of chemo and radiation, an amputation of a limb, to the last dying moments of Elaine's life. THAT is what true friendship sincerely is about....



When I think about my ups and downs of my own life and health, there are friends that were there and there were the friends I wished were there. However today I have conceded. They aren't there and I'm OK with that.. I know that whatever diagnosis is handed to me, I can handle it and I will be strong, just as Elaine did. Because I have faith in the lord.




They're almost unbelievable -
some prayer answers
You sent so fast
they took my breath away
And made me laugh.
I thank You.


I thank You there were other times
It's seemed
You've left me
way out in the dark alone to wait...




Until YOU became
more important
than any answer
I was looking for.





Fortunately for me I have a sisterhood of friendship, that rain or shine, day or night, we stand beside each other.. Here are the Elias girls there for me after my surgery, and my mama isn't pictured because she was taking the picture. :) I'm so blessed to have such amazing strong women to support me and hold me up.





I will now close all of my blogs with some of Elaine's last words




"Has anyone done anything SPECTACULAR Today?"

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Love that and so true.....Elaine is forever healed and happy. Bless you mom for stickin by her side. Hope you are feeling a little better. I will start your bunny this weekend.

Take care,
Kristen