Saturday, January 10, 2009

Have you ever watched a father rock his lifeless baby in his arms?

Have you ever heard a mother profess her love to her little angel?

I feel like we're in an epidemic, all of these losses lately at work, and these full term losses... My heart ached for my couple last night, this is the first time I have ever had a couple that I have taken care of before, I had them in triage before, back when their little angel was alive.... Now just days before her due date, she is no longer alive...

This was one of those couples that rocked me deep, I cried with them, something I have only done once in my life, and that was with Heather and Michael...

Please, please prayer for Sweet baby Karina and her family....


Psalm 139:13-16: For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.

2 comments:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

Oh Britt. Sometimes work sucks so bad. You are such an amazing nurse to these families who are grieving so much. They are lucky to have you, as are we.

Matt and Jen McCabe said...

:-( Too many lately for sure...sometimes it just doesn't seem fair! You are an angel from above to all these couples. I hope you know in your heart that you truly are special...I know it doesn't make it any easier!!! I know Michael and Heather were so greatful for you through their journey and I am sure this family is too...They will never forget you!