Sunday, November 15, 2009

Weekend recap

building going down 024_thumb[2] The grand opening of the Chandler Boys and Girls club is tomorrow! It is a beautiful LEED Certified facility, if your not familiar with that you can get more information by clicking here, so essentially it’s a “GREEN BUILDING” . We spent some  time on Saturday in the building and it was a lot of fun, I can’t wait to go spend some time there when it is up and running with the kids! We then went and met my parents for  dinner at a restaurant in Chandler called, El Zocalo Mexican restaurant. It was very good, I have the soup, and it was delicious, as well as their margaritas were divine!!!

Today I had some errands to run to get the final touches that my sis needed for her grand opening tomorrow, then I was off to do a little shopping.

Kudo’s  to who ever designed the color coded storage spacesavers_2077_569642totes! I started  buying them around Easter, so we packed up all our Easter stuff in  light pink, well I went today and bought orange ones for our Halloween stuff. Next year it will be so much easier to get to the bins we need!

TP_MaryJane_Bunny Whenever I have a little extra cash and I’m at a store that has baby clothes, I always stop to see what clearance preemie items they have. I try to buy a few outfits or blankets for the RTS patients at work. The preemie sizes are usually great for our 32+ week losses. Walmart sometimes has outfits for as little as $1.00 up to $5.00. SO I purchased a boy and girl outfit today, well at the checkout the lady was oooing and ahhhhing at my tiny baby clothes, and wanted to know how old my babies were. I was at a loss for words, because I made the mistake before of telling someone what they were for, and ended up spending 30 minutes listening to a  mom tell me about her loss. Which was fine, but I was in a hurry that day. Anyhow, so if you are ever at a store, and have a little extra cash stop and look for any clearance items for the patients to use, you have no idea how important those precious outfits are to the families in the years to come!

Have a great  week!

1 comment:

MindyElias said...

I didn't know that about the premie outfits!!! I am so going to be on the lookout because I always see them on clearence and they are so tiny!! See ya tomorrow :)