Tuesday, March 10, 2009


Remember my sweet baby Giovanna, her mamas water broke at 24 1/7 weeks and we managed to keep that sweet baby girl healthy and inside until she was 28 1/7. She is a strong little girl, such a fighter, she went home a few weeks ago and only 36 weeks old! As a matter of fact this week would have been her due date. She is almost 7 pounds now! She was born weighing 3 lbs 4 ounces!!

On the day our sweet little "Gift from God" was born I knew what I wanted for her, I was on a mission to find this verse on a plaque for Giovanna's "shelf" in the NICU! Well after searching the world, I decided to make it myself, so I bought a greeting card with the verse and a cute white frame, and made it the way I wanted it for her bedside out of ribbons and such.

This sat by her bedside for 9 weeks as she grew strong in the NICU. Once she was home I wanted her to have something that would always remind her o the Plans the Lord had for her. My very talented friend Kristen http://kristenself.blogspot.com/ made a bunny for her little guy, and so I thought how awesome to have Kristen make one for my sweet baby Giovanna! Here is what she made, it is so precious! Now little Giovanna will have her bunny to keep with her at all times, and on it's left foot it says Gia! My friend Kristen is so very talented, the little Bunny is a soft chenille. Well when Heather and Michael opened the bunny, they just loved it, Heathers words were "This will be an heirloom, that Gia will have forever" Thank you Kristen for making this for my sweet Giovanna and for putting so much thought and love into it!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh I am so glad they liked it! I was honored to make it. Gia has gotten so big. What a pretty little baby girl, you will have to update pictures over the next few months.

Love,
Kristen
http://kristenself.blogspot.com/