Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you. Jeremiah 1:5

You may have noticed a new button on my blog for awhile now, I know I have showed McKmamas blog around the nurses station a time or two. I would like you to please take the time to visit her blog and read about her McKMiracle...

Her baby Stellan was born at an interesting time in my life as a labor and delivery nurse. I will share a brief glimpse at her story:



"MckMuffin is our sweet newborn son S! In the womb, he was diagnosed with heart failure: premature atrial contractions at 20 weeks; supraventricular tachycardia, hydrops, and intermittent advanced secondary heart block at 23 weeks; and enlargement of the heart at 32 weeks. When the doctors told us at 24 weeks that our very ill baby would surely die, we chose to give our son completely to God, for He alone knows best. We have not stopped praising our Lord since then, for MckMuffin was healed and was born a well and whole full-term baby!! "

The faith that this family has exerted is amazing, please look around her blog, see the pictures of Stellans name all over the world, the people who know this baby only through a blog, who were praying for his life, the people who were trusting in the Lord. McKMamas blog is real, she takes us through her hospital stays, and NICU visits, BPP's, NST's etc.



Here is one more excerpt from her blog:


"Exactly 13 weeks after being told by the doctors that our gravely ill unborn baby would surely die...


...our MckMiracle entered this world, completely healed!!!"

Here is her link, enjoy her blog:




http://www.mycharmingkids.net/


Another blog I found through McKMamas blog was: Bring the Rain


http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/


I can't tell you how many times I have read her blog and shed tears... I have attached a you tube video of a song her husband wrote. They were told their sweet baby girl would die as well, and they also chose to continue with the pregnancy... Yes, their sweet Audrey only lived a short time, however they left that decision to the Lord, and not to the Doctors to decide....


Please scroll down and stop my current music player before you play this video, so you can listen to the music...



I Will Carry You
There were photographs I wanted to take
Things I wanted to show you
Sing sweet lullabies, wipe your teary eyes
Who could love you like this?

People say that I am brave but I'm not
Truth is I'm barely hanging on
But there's a greater story
Written long before me
Because He loves you like this

So I will carry you
While your heart beats here
Long beyond the empty cradle
Through the coming years
I will carry you
All my life
And I will praise the One Who's chosen me
To carry you

Such a short time
Such a long road
All this madness
But I know
That the silence
Has brought me to His voice
And He says...

I've shown her photographs of time beginning
Walked her through the parted seas
Angel lullabies, no more teary eyes
Who could love her like this?

I will carry you

2 comments:

MindyElias said...

Oh my goodness! You did tell us this story and sent us to her blog and I am truly amazed and so happy to read such wonderful good news!

Kris said...

Thanks so much for posting these stories. I especially liked the video with the song. What a beautiful family. You need to get well soon and be part of more miracles. I miss you at work!