Saturday, May 10, 2014

My Isagenix journey

After watching the progress of a child hood friend and hearing about her health improvements. I decided to take the plunge and try her nutritional support system she was doing. It's called Isagenix. I started Isa on Wed. May 7, 2014. 

Lee me back up and tell you 3 days prior to starting Isa I had a stomach issues. I'm not sure if it was a Crohn's flair up or a bug. What I do know is I was bloated, gassy and uncomfortable. I started to feel a hair better the night before starting so I opted to eat Hot Wok (my fav Chinese place) since I knew it would be a long time before I would eat it. I went to bed sick to my stomach, bloated, gassy and had diarrhea! I literally couldn't wait to wake up and start my Isa journey! 

Day one was great, I woke up I had my Ionix Supreme. I heated it up like a tea. It was very good. An hour later I had my shake. I mixed 1 scoop vanilla and 1 scoop chocolate. It was very very good. I took my vitamins and was feeling good. 

It was morning snack time and I just had 2 of the Isa snacks. I had the vanilla ones they were good! After my snack I laid down to take my normal morning nap with Lane since I worked that night. Try as I may I couldn't nap!! Normally I ALWAYS nap with him, for the past 2.5 years I've been able to sleep. Not today though! I laid there with a lot of energy! 

Lunch time was another shake, followed by another snack. In between all this I went to sprouts to buy food. For my afternoon snack I had some baby carrots dipped in the wholy guacamole 100 calorie packs of avocado! It was delicious!!

It was time for my afternoon nap with my baby. Again I worked that night so I desperately needed to sleep. I was able to nap for 15 minutes! Usually it would be 1-2 hour nap. 

I got up and prepared dinner and for ready for work. 

I made chicken stir fry. I had a ton of fresh vegetable and 5 oz of chicken. I made couscous for a side and for dessert I has blackberries with honey drizzled on them. 

I couldn't wait to eat dinner once I was at work. I held off until 12am, it was fine I wasn't hungry and I drank a lot of water before then.

My dinner was delicious!! Very filling but most importantly, I didn't have indigestion , gas or bloating after eating!

I also had no coffee, or tea all shift! I think it was my first shift ever not starting with a trip to Starbucks! 

I got off work that morning had a shake and went to bed. I was up on my own by 1pm feeling great! I repeated all the steps on day 2 (Thursday). 





No comments: