Friday, February 20, 2009

"If a ruler's anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great errors to rest." Ecclesiastes 10: 4

It was wonderful to be back to work yesterday and to see familiar faces again. I can't wait to get back to patient care though, I miss that the most! While at work I found out that people were saying things about me that weren't true at work. It makes me sad to think people who I thought were my friends would say things that are not true. I know that there are lots of cliques at work and often when you work with all women there is a lot of cattiness however I am a bit surprised by what had transpired. I thought better of those I worked with then to make up stories to make themselves look better. In the past I know we have all been a part of the rumor mill however I have long since removed myself from that and realized we are all there for the common goal, the well being of the patient. We need to foster an environment of safety for our peers, so that they feel SAFE asking for help or asking questions if the are uncertain. We hold a lot of power as an LD nurse, we need to be able to depend on those we work with so that we have good outcomes.


This is from an article I read once about women in the workplace....

We ask women in the workplace to explore, strengthen, and embrace their own self-worth, and never be tempted to destroy another’s. To recognize the power of measured words, remembering that once you say something harmful, you can never take it back. To champion those who do not have a voice and not engage in malicious gossip. To channel positive energies into self-improvement for professional and personal growth. To share acquired experience with those who need a guiding hand. To examine how you can best support your female colleagues in the workplace. To respect other women and see the value of their lives and the friends they might become. To put into perspective the hectic pace of the world we live in and find a balance that allows you to be thankful for what you have. To maintain a dignity by keeping your personal life out of the office.

1 comment:

MindyElias said...

Okay well that sucks!!!!!!!! I love your new blog look tho!