Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Monday I started my evening shift.. 1400-2200 It was a titch rough waking up to get there that early. Of course as most of you know I am one of the Bereavement Counselors, so it wasn't surprising when the first patient I get on my new shift is a term demise. OF COURSE, I don't mind at all, I feel this has been my calling to work with these couples, and after all, my previous 2 night shifts I had the all American couple who was married, loved each other and actually wanted the baby they were having. So I was due to have a sad story... Please say a quick prayer for Baby Zacks family, as they cope with their loss.

On to WONDERFUL news, I went to the NICU after work and got there in time for her PM cares, so her CPAP was off, and she was wide awake, and she was Feisty... She is so cute, I think I love her more and more each time I see her. I would talk to her and tell her not to pull her feeding tube out, and I swear she would get this crooked little SMILE and pull right on the tube! Thursday her mommy and daddy and I are having lunch and then going to spend some time with her, and lucky for me I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I get to visit her each night for her PM cares!

Today I had my second appointment with the Fat Doctor, not the one I used to see, I'm seeing a new one, and he is a cutie... Anyhow, I start my new diet next week, I was anticipating starting it this week, but the new Doc and I discussed me seeing my PCP first, so I am going to meet with her on Monday so keeping my fingers crossed to start on Tuesday, because I want to be thinned down just a titch before I get on the OR table again.. YIKES!!

It's been so fun being home at night!! Even last night, coming home and everyone was still awake!! Ahhhh this is going to be good....

3 comments:

MindyElias said...

You are hysterical......you went on and on about being home at night and going to bed at a decent hour and then, you are WIDE AWAKE!

Kris said...

I am soooo jealous! I am happy for you too. Keep up the blogging. I check almost everyday.

Kristen said...

I am praying for Baby Zacks famliy. I can't imagine such a loss. You could really help my friend who lost a full term little guy. I wish she would have had someone like you.
Can wait to follow your weight loss. I have lost amost 100LBS. I would not admit that on my blog. Not sure why, everyone that looks at it knew my butt was HUGE! Baby still has back but not quite as much. =)