Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas this year, was by far one of the best I have ever had.... It started on Christmas Eve with a wonderful hour long visit with my favorite little baby girl in the NICU, Miss Giovanna, and her mommy and Daddy. Then I worked for 4 hours and headed to my parents for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. My parents made a phenomenal meal of prime rib, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, and croissant's.... Miss Bethany made a homemade pie for dessert. We then retired to the family room to play Wii! Normally we spend the evening playing family games, but this year we brought our Rock Band and our Wii over... My parents had a lot of fun, we have never laughed so hard.. My father and Mindy actually can rock out on the bass! Here are some shots of the Wii fun....




My parents bowling




Danielle and our baby Bella


Danielle bowling

We then went to the living room to open some of our gifts... It was a very different Christmas because we put a monetary limit on our gifts... So our gifts were very thoughtful this year, people really put some thought into what we got each other....



Then the kids got ready and went to midnight mass. Mindy and I stayed behind and hung out with our mom talking.. We all decided in advance that we were going to stay the night at my parents.. They recently redecorated our old bedrooms, so we were excited to try out our new rooms..

Christmas morning finally came, and we woke up, had some coffee and waited for everyone to wake up. We took our traditional morning picture of the girls dressed in matching pajamas. We then opened gifts and had a great breakfast..

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Your Christmas sounded perfect! I love that you got to stay the night in your old room at your parent's house. You should have posted a picture of your new "old" room!