Friday, April 15, 2011

18 & 6 weeks

My sweet little one, you are 18.6 weeks today and I have been feeling good for 12 whole days now, I bet it seems silly only 12 days but they have been a miraculous 12 days!! I have finally been able to eat normal and drink all the water I want without getting sick!!

This week we have our anatomy scan and I can't wait to see you again!! I should be able to feel you by now but because of my anterior placenta I can't feel you yet. Which is a bummer because I can't wait to have the reassurance that your there and doing well by feeling you!

Since you are just shy of 19 weeks I am going to post the 19 week update.. I hope you know how very very much you are loved already.. My heart has never felt love like this before, my intense need to protect you and grow you big and strong. 21 more weeks my sweet sweet boy and I will hold you in my arms!!

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that he may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to him, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.


Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.


This is what an Heirlooom Tomato is :)


No comments: