Wednesday, October 15, 2008

It's been awhile...

I suppose I owe a lot of explanations to bring people up to speed on where things are with things.

We had a wonderful 3 days home with the Cpl. he unfortunately had to return to his base to get things settled and get himself checked out. He is coming home in a few days for a month or more to stay with us. This may sound silly, but it was so wonderful to have him home, that sometimes I'd want to sit right next to him and really "feel" his presence, what a blessing to have our sweet sweet boy here with us. He's come back such a changed young man, so far all for the positive, please keep him in your prayers as he takes on the task of managing life not being in a war mindset anymore.

I stopped seeing Grill Will, what I have learned is that sometimes people can look beyond their differences and sometimes their differences can't let them move forward. I don't want to offend anyone, however he was way to liberal and some of the core values that I hold he doesn't, and if this was someone that I was going to date with any intention of a future with, then that wouldn't work for me. What's funny is his 2 biggest complaints about me that he was having trouble getting over: 1. I'm way too organized 2. I hold dinner parties.....

Ummmm all I know is if that is as bad as you can come up with about me, then WOW you should be so lucky!

I've decided to go back to the evening shift. I start on the 30th of November. I can't wait to go back to that shift, I'm excited to have a normal schedule again, I am hoping it will help me to be healthy again. I am a titch uncertain about how it will be with the different group of people... There is a past there that I hope doesn't resurface... I took the "high road" the other day and tried to make things 100% right and clarified a few things, and still things were as I had hoped... We'll see what happens....

I've done SOOO good not talking to the paramedic, and low and behold we ended up in conversation again BlAh! I'm sure every ones stomach is turning as they read that.. But rest assured there is no desire to chum it up or keep in touch, it was a very simple discussion, and I doubt there will be any further discussion again...

Kris D. and I went and saw Nights in Rodanthe on Sunday, it was great... Definitely reignited a little something in my heart about relationships and that joy that can be felt again....

3 comments:

MindyElias said...

I vote no for talking to paramedics :)

JECKBECK (Erin) said...

I concur... no paramedic! Mr. Perfect is waiting, you'll find him. Don't settle in the meantime.

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

YEAH FOR EVENINGS!! can't wait to have you on my shift.