- I used to have patients come into triage and need medication because they were nauseated, yet they were eating or sitting up talking away or acting pleasant. Well with my hyperemesis I have learned that yes you can be nauseated and still be pleasant, after you live with it long enough you learn to tough it out and deal with it.
- I learned that when someone says they are going to bottle feed because "they couldn't breast feed their first child... BELIEVE them...
- People truly can have a "low supply"
- Babys can have trouble latching even months after birth
- No matter how bad a patient may WANT to breast feed it just may not be possible
(All this and only 2 months in, I'm sure I will learn soooo much more that will help me be a better nurse to my patients)