Thursday, August 12, 2010

Be careful what you wish for!!

I used to live and die by my calendar!! My life was planned out to the minute. I had morning appointments, lunch dates, shopping trips, movie dates, pottery dates, dinner outings, cocktail outings, coffee shop talks, heck I even have a friend I'd go eat pancakes with at 2AM!!! (Disclaimer: when I use the word "date" I don't mean the traditional "date" I mean meeting etc)


I liked that life, I liked being on the go and having friends and having people to meet up with and discuss a good book, or someone to drive around with in the middle of the night without a destination in mind.... I LOVED being able to drop by my moms or sisters house, go see my sister at work, go spend time volunteering at the Boys & Girls club, crafting, I had an ENTIRE craft room that I could make crafts in... Oh, did I mention I had a gym membership there, I could go run in the middle of the day if I wanted....


Today is Thursday, everyday this week (and the week before and before), when I have gotten home from work there is nothing to do, I think I have a special butt imprint on the couch because ALL I have done is sit around and watched TV. I get excited when it's time to get up and make dinner. Well, that took 1 hour now it's back to the couch. I have 3 books I'm in the middle of reading, I've taken up farmville as if it was a full time job!!!! Right now it's 4 in the afternoon and there is nothing to do in this small town!!! I wish my fiancĂ© would wake up so we could go for a drive, sight see, go to the lake, see a movie, go to a coffee shop and read and have coffee, heck I'd even settle for wandering around the local Walmart!!


I used to enjoy coming out here to visit because we'd do a lot of nothing... However that was because I was always on the go in th city so it was nice to come here to relax... Well now relaxing full time is making me have cabin fever!!!


Next week I am working 3 days in a row then leaving for Phoenix, I land in Phoenix my sisters are picking me up we are going for a dress fitting, then lunch then I am headed to California!! I can't wait to be back in the busy hustle and bustle of a fast pace life!!


I guess they always say be careful what you wish for......

1 comment:

The Queen said...

Man do I know that feeling. Hang in there. Life will settle in for you eventually. But I do love my trips back to Phoenix for a little reminder of my once busy life.