Friday, December 18, 2009

Wynter Victoria



This is Wynter Victoria Guadalupe she was born on November 21, 2009. She is the most precious baby girl ever. I just adore her and love that I get to spend a lot of time with her. Something about loving on a baby makes you feel so good. She has the cutest expressions too, she will smile and make funny faces at the things we are talking about. She went home from the NICU on Wed. December 16th. She is teeny tiny, so it was  so much fun to find clothes that fits a person only 4 pounds!!


Her mommy and daddy and I met last Thanksgiving. Her baby brother died and I was their nurse. We  became close and when  they were pregnant with baby Wynter they called me up and said "We need to come see you, we need to talk to you about something." I was a little worried that something was wrong. However when they showed up, they told me they wanted to name her middle name after my middle name. It was so precious and I was so honored.


Then one day I was working in triage and I got a call from the PPA office, and they said they were sending in a patient for evaluation, because the baby didn't look so good in the office. Once they said the moms name, I told the nurse, you just tell her I am here waiting for her, and things will be ok. They showed up and we got them admitted, and we really really pushed to have the baby delivered. Well they finally decided to deliver her the next morning. I go the call they were going to do a cesarean section, I got to the hospital and was able to prep her and take her back to the operating room. It was an amazing moment when she came out and we heard her cry!! We took a TON of pictures that day, I will try to get some of them to post because they were just great!


I can't wait to watch this baby grow up! I truly have the best job in the world!



2 comments:

Tracey said...

Yes you do!! Congrats brit...I'm so glad they have you there for them :)

Amber said...

This is an amazing story and it made me teary eyed. It was truly beautiful!