Friday, October 23, 2009

Library

My new secret obsession...... Since my  computer has been broken I have become obsessed with the LIBRARY!! And to take it a step further, reading and listening to books on CD. Yesterday I went to the library 2 times! I know it sounds crazy, but think back to being young when you were in elementary school. Do you remember when your class would go to the library and you'd be able to pick out books. It is such a great feeling!! I love to browse the titles and see what new books are there, are what classics are sitting on the shelves. The library even has a certain classic smell to it!! I just love it!!!


Even Carrie Bradshaw talks about the love of the library! The idea of the book has a whole life of it's own, someone somewhere has had this book before it's sorta cool to think about!


I just love it at the library, and I don't understand why anyone would want to BUY a book when you could go check out a book from the library for free!! I've started a new series, the in death series by J.D. Robb aka Nora Roberts. I'm obsessed with reading these books and since last Tuesday, I have now read/listened (depending on what copy the library had available) The first 4 books in the series!!  You figure, I just saved $45.00 alone in "renting" these books!!


Oh, and I have a new secret love of my life, Rourke... I know he's out there somewhere, Irish accent and all......

3 comments:

James, Sarah, Cameron and baby Paige said...

I should totally get in bed, but instead I am reading about your new obsession! And I have and always will LOVE the library! James makes fun of me all the time for loving how it smells!! And if you find Roarke, I'd love to meet him!!!

Kris said...

I REALLY shouldn't admit this, but some of us are germaphobes and can't stand the thought of what the last person was doing with their hands before picking up the same book. Yuck! Weird I know, but I just can't get past it.

Melissa said...

As a kid, one of my fondest memories is going to the library. Story time, taking a tote bag to get books. It is something I have passed on to my children as well. The germophobe comment? Well, I am quite a germophobe myself. I have a terrible time eating from salad bars or potlucks. But tons of people have touched the books in bookstores too. And germs only live on surfaces for 24-48 hours, if that. I figure by the time I'm reading, it's safe. In 30 years I'm quite confident I have never gotten sick from a trip to the library.

Keep saving money and enjoying your time there!